Saturday, December 29, 2012

Donation Time!

If you receive emails from Shimer, you'll already have received the year-end donation pitch, so consider this a friendly reminder. (If you don't, consider this a friendly reminder to get right with the Lord.)

Here's the link. Use it in good health. Preferably before midnight on New Year's Eve.

I'm putting in what I can. 

If you're one of those folks who likes to say that you appreciate the various things I do for/in the community (inadequate though my actions invariably are), this is an excellent opportunity to show it.

Happy New Year!

PS. There has been some carping about the year-end appeal not catering sufficiently to alums' elevated moral sensibilities, or something.  In the spirit of the season, I'll refrain from saying what I think of people who decide not to donate to Shimer because a given pitch didn't appeal to their personal tastes.