Spread the word:
10:00am - 3:00pm
If you are thinking of transferring to Shimer, we invite you to visit our campus for Transfer Tuesday on June 18th this summer - and while you're there, you can complete the application process! During Transfer Tuesday, you'll have a chance to apply, get a decision, and even register for classes - as well as observe any already in session.
If you are unable to visit on June 18, visitors are welcome any time from the first week of June through the third week of July to sit in on classes and talk about your transfer plans.
If you bring everything listed below, we will review your application, read your essay, interview you, make an admission decision, provide you with financial aid information, and register you for classes - all in one day! Feel free to submit any of these materials online and by email before June 18.
We will waive the application fee for all Transfer Tuesday participants!
1. Describe an educational experience which you found to be
- A completed application. You can do this form online before you come, or bring in a completed hard copy.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended (if they are unofficial, we'll work with them, but we'll need official transcripts before classes start).
- Official high school transcripts if you have fewer than 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of college credit.
- A letter of recommendation from a recent teacher (in a sealed envelope - ask your recommender to sign his/her name over the flap).
- Two or three writing samples/essays you have written recently for a class. Or write on the follow prompts:
rewarding or frustrating.
2. What book have you read recently that you found especially
significant or valuable? What difference has it made in your life?
The fine print: If you can't bring everything listed, bring what you can and we'll get you started on the transfer admission process. If you have already sent us some of these materials, we will have them here when you arrive. If you've completed the FAFSA, be sure you know your PIN so if we have questions you can access or update the form.
It will help if we know you plan to attend. Send us an email to email@example.com (put Transfer Tuesday in the subject line) or call 312-235-3555.
Call with questions - we're here to help!