The Assembly of Shimer College will meet at 3:15 PM this coming Wednesday, August 28, in the Cinderella Lounge at Shimer. The agenda is as follows:
Meeting of the Shimer College Assembly
3:15 pm Wednesday, August 28, 2013Cinderella Lounge
1. Welcome from the Speaker and review of Assembly protocol and procedures by the Parliamentarian.
2. Approval of Minutes from meeting of April 21st, 2013.
3. Questions on Committee and Director reports to the Assembly.
4. Motion from David Shiner (10 minutes):
To suspend until the Fall 2014 meeting of the Board of Trustees the clause in the description of the Institutional Goals and Assessment Committee in the Constitution of the Assembly that states "Trustees whose terms on the Board end during their term on the Committee cease to be members and are replaced by election."
- Replacement(s) for Institutional Goals and Assessment Committee
- Secretary of the Assembly
- Admissions Committee
- Agenda Committee
- Quality of Life Committee
- Student Representative to IIT Student Government
6. David Shiner, Chair of the Institutional Goals and Assessment Committee, presentation on community participation in the committee's work.
7. Announcements from the community.
8. White Whale presentation on new Shimer College website.